Leading people to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus, and commit to the mission of Jesus… because lives are at stake
Our Strategy: The Big 3
Because our lives are overly busy becoming crowded with activities and events, we fight to keep things simple. Thus, all we do at Lakeland are THE BIG 3.
1. WORSHIP – because the Bible encourages us to “not stop gathering together” we aim to fill our services with exciting, contemporary worship as well as thought provoking, real and relevant messages based on the Bible. We pray our services are a place where you can consistently meet God and allow Him to lead you into the abundant life. Check out some past MESSAGES.
2. GROUPS – At Lakeland Church, we are calling everyone into a group… because no one battles alone. In all the uncertainty of the last few years, we have been reminded how important it is to have the right people in our corner. No matter where you are (or aren’t!) on your spiritual journey, Lakeland Groups meets you on your “playing field” and propels you forward with Jesus. Get started today! Click HERE to find out more.
3. SERVE – We believe that God can leverage anyone’s story to bring hope to others! One of the best ways to meet people, develop relationships, and grow as a follower of Jesus is to serve one another. We’ll help you find the perfect team so you can start serving in your sweet spot. Bonus: It’s not just on the weekends! Serving opportunities are available seven days a week and both online and onsite. Ready to get started on a TEAM? Take your next step HERE.
1. LIFE-CHANGING – We eagerly anticipate God changing us. We won’t accept the status quo. We persistently pursue God’s healing, restoring, and growing of us in order to be more mature Jesus followers.
What steps are you taking in your personal growth with Jesus?
2. RELEVANT – The Bible and Jesus are eternally awesome. We aim to creatively present the truth in a real and relevant way.
How is the real and relevant Jesus seen in your life?
3. REACHING – We’ll do anything short of sin to reach the unengaged individuals in our community.
What person are you currently reaching out to?
4. AUTHENTIC – We are real, authentic, cry-when-you-hurt, dance-when-you’re-happy, be your real-self-in-front-of-others type people.
Are you sharing the “real you” with others?
5. KINGDOM-MINDED – We are all about God’s bigger kingdom work! The local church is the primary vehicle for bringing the hope of Christ to the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
How can you support another church, ministry or local organization?
6. SIMPLE – We keep it simple. We’re not going to waste our time, spend our money, or over complicate…from programs to facilities we’re not about the flash but the function.
Are you investing your time, talent, and resources in what matters?
7. EXCITING – We reject the notion that church is boring. Life in Christ is nothing short of the greatest thing on the planet. So when we gather, worship is exciting, serving is fun, and we can be genuinely “that happy.”
Are you engaged in the fun of the church?
8. EXCELLENCE – We’re not ok with “ok”. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
How are you improving the place where you serve?