Lakeland Church is a vibrant, growing community of Christ-followers in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, that is leading people to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus, and commit to the mission of Jesus…because lives are at stake. We fight to keep things simple. Our passion to share the gospel of Jesus is creating inspirational growth. We are eager to expand without splintering, to spread the gospel without compromising the story—and that’s where you come in.
The Brand and Communication Director (BCD) is responsible for advancing, maintaining, and integrating the cultural identity of Lakeland across all media platforms. Your primary responsibility will be to showcase Jesus as the light of the world to a broadening, highly engaged audience through the stories of Lakeland Church. You will work with our executive leadership team to amplify the Gospel and ensure that the story is compelling, clear, and consistent. Your stories will reach thousands of people. The result of your work will magnify the life changing work of the Gospel and elevate Lakeland’s brand.
- Create Cutting Edge Media – Keep Lakeland at the forefront of design across all media types.
- Be a Brand Expert – Serve as a consultant to internal and external teams to bring expert knowledge to all brand elements.
- Manage Project Resources – Provide feedback and direction to external agencies and production partners, to include maintaining a digital marketing budget.
- Own the Branding Playbook – Create, present, and share best practices for communication and marketing strategies.
- Pursue and Promote the Stories – Produce projects that will create and distribute the hope of Jesus.
- Produce Results Through Teams – Oversee execution of media strategies and projects.
- A Branding Know-How – An understanding of inbound marketing and content strategies for connecting with people and leading to increased engagement
- A Flexible Mindset – A unique skillset using both sides of your brain plus a rare ability to move from high-level strategy—to clear planning—to creative execution
- A Legacy of Leadership – A robust leadership experience, including developing, mentoring, and obtaining results through teams
- A Passion for Making “the complex” Simple – Strong analytical skills/data-driven thinking for problem solving and making decisions
- A Way with Words – Effective communication skills—verbal and written
- A Strong Lakeland DNA Match – A heart that resonates with our mission, vision, and culture
This job description in no way states or implies that the ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are the only responsibilities of this position. The employee is required to follow any other reasonable instruction and perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the Executive Pastor.