At Lakeland, we are committed to leading people to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus, and commit to the mission of Jesus…because lives are at stake. That’s why we don’t just hire employees—we empower leaders. Leaders who are ready to do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ. Leaders who laugh hard, loud, and often. Leaders who always bring their best, because our mission is too important to settle for anything less!
The Social Media Coordinator (PT-20 hours) is responsible for creating and leading teams that oversee and monitor all aspects of the Top 5 social media platforms for Lakeland Community Church and reports to the Media Project Manager.
- Create and Develop a team for each of the Top 5 media platforms to:
Create engaging, relationship building content in a variety of media types including images, videos, stories, GIFs, etc.
- Edit all content on social media
- Monitor and provide rapid response to inquiries and conversations on social media
- Establish and maintain an ongoing strategy for social media objectives (i.e. Scorecard) that meet the needs of our target audience while conveying Lakeland’s brand consistently
- Cast vision for strategy of content both in text and in visual graphics
- Plan, create, and execute social media calendars, including drafting post copy, coordinating assets, scheduling posts, and publishing on platforms
Implement the social media components of marketing campaigns as defined by the Media Team and supporting team designers and videographers
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends and best practices
Use internal project management software (Asana) to track projects and keep up with tight deadlines
- Experience and understanding of all the current Top 5 media platforms and trends
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of social media best practices/trends
- Creative and innovative ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- This job description in no way states or implies that the ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are the only responsibilities of this position. The employee is required to follow any other reasonable instruction and perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the Executive Pastor.